Thursday, May 31, 2018

Grieving practicing self care

Hello Again!

It has been a couple of weeks since I last wrote anything on the blog, but sadly on May 18th my Grandma, who I was very close to passed away.  I have needed the past couple of weeks to myself to really grieve her loss and remember all of the wonderful memories I shared with her.  I had the opportunity to speak at her funeral and that was hard, but healing.  During her funeral I also learned more about her that gave me more insight into her life and who she loved being.  One of those things I learned was that prior to becoming a nurse she wanted to be a social worker. I never knew that about my Grandma, but she would have been a wonderful counselor because she had the gift of truly listening to others without passing judgement.  My Grandma also truly helped shape my character, and her example helped me to want to strive to be a better person each day!  I miss her dearly and sometimes it is hard to believe that she has passed on.  However, I recognize and know that I will see her again , but I will have to patient and continue to live the way she practiced and showed me!  Thank you Grandma for helping me to become who I really want to be!



No comments:

Post a Comment