Thursday, May 17, 2018

Unplug Self Care Part 2

I'm guilty of not unplugging!  In fact, I find myself frequently checking to see if a member from my children's team texted or emailed because of an incident that may have happened at school that day. I often tell my husband that I feel like a professional firefighter because all I do is put out fires some days!  If I have been putting out fires all day, by night fall I'm totally exhausted, crabby, and crying because my emotional bank account is withdrawn.

Over the years, I have been learning that it is okay if I don't read every email or text as soon as it is in my inbox instead I can choose to read and respond to emails and texts later.  This can be hard for me, but I know I need that boundary so I can keep myself healthy and in return be a better mother for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment